[Android] LibVLC android commit 7733732: no vout on mpeg4/m2ts

ben brouits at free.fr
Wed Mar 4 17:45:40 CET 2015

Le 07/01/2015 18:48, ben a écrit :
> Le 07/01/2015 16:25, Thomas Guillem a écrit :

>>> What surprises me is that VLC (vanilla) dos not behaves the same way:
>>>
>>> [log]
>>> D/VLC﹕ core video output: Opening vout display wrapper
>>> D/VLC﹕ core vout display: looking for vout display module matching
>>> "androidwindow": 4 candidates
>>> D/VLC﹕ android_window vout display: using opaque
>>> [/log]
>>>
>>> Here, VLC is looking for "androidwindow" instead of "androidsurface" and
>>> then the video displays.
>>
>> androidwindow is the new vout used for newer android devices.
>> I think your VLC is up to date but not your vlc-android.
>>
>> vlc-android changed a little, check
>> http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc-ports/android.git;a=commit;h=6cb263e66f238c3fefbbbaac606076abf29025cf
>>
>> and all commits from 11/15 - 11/17 here:
>> http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc-ports/android.git;a=shortlog;h=2d4db56373bf631cf77f8e0a7a1a1865d5c67588
>>

> Thanks for your reply. I've updated now from master, but got no
> difference although i added setWindowSize(w, h) in my implementation of
> changeSurfaceLayout() (as seen in 6cb263e), and forced mLibVLC to
> setVout(LibVLC.VOUT_ANDROID_WINDOW), as suggested Edward Wang.
>
> It is still trying "androidsurface" with the updated Fragment, while
> vanilla VLC's VideoPlayerActivity is okay. Strange...
>
> More test tomorrow...
> Thanks again,
> - Ben

After new tests, freshly cloned git repo, and a simple Activity that
reads a local video from its assets, i still get the same issue and a
blank screen. The relevant logs are:

D/VLC﹕ [64227c04] core window: looking for vout window module matching
"any": 1 candidates
D/VLC﹕ [64227c04] core window: no vout window modules matched
D/VLC﹕ [62b1dc04] core video output: Opening vout display wrapper
D/VLC﹕ [62baf2f4] core vout display: looking for vout display module
matching "androidsurface": 4 candidates
E/VLC﹕ [62baf2f4] android_surface vout display: Could not initialize
libandroid.so/libui.so/libgui.so/libsurfaceflinger_client.so!
D/VLC﹕ [62baf2f4] core vout display: no vout display modules matched
E/VLC﹕ [62b1dc04] core video output: video output creation failed
D/VLC﹕ [62b8c09c] core spu text: removing module "freetype"
D/VLC﹕ [62b9dcfc] core scale: removing module "yuvp"
D/VLC﹕ [62b997b4] core scale: removing module "swscale"
E/VLC﹕ [62b25eb4] core decoder: failed to create video output
W/VLC﹕ [62b25eb4] mediacodec decoder: NewPicture failed
I/EVENT﹕ MediaPlayerVout

I confess i have no further idea to try to fix that, but i will re-read
again the VidePlayerActivity of VLC to understad why my simple Activity
fails displaying the video.

Thanks for any suggestion.
- Ben