[dvblast-devel] Does DVBlast allow DiSEqC switching?

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Fri Oct 23 09:13:32 CEST 2009

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 23:53:36 +0200, Thomas Kernen wrote
> They work with szap-s2 which I've used to tune them and maintain them
> on a specific frequency and then used mumudvb (versions older than 1.6)
>  to multicast the services from the MPTS. I've done most of this with
> the KNC1 DVB-S2 card.

And what happens with your KNC1 TV Station now? Before you reported success with
it when using the first patch. Anyway, could you please post the relevant lines
from dmesg for all your cards - so we know which driver is used, what exact
frontends they have etc. There might be differences in frontend code which could
explain this behaviour. Also what is the exact physical setup, are you
replugging the same cable to different cards when testing ?

As for szap-s2, it:

- performs combined FE_DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD, then FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST.
- SEC_MINI_A is used for satno 0-3, SEC_MINI_B for satno 4-7

If DVB-S2 cards need SEC_MINI_A as "end of diseqc" signal then there's probably
a bug elsewhere, we definitely need to know the exact frontends...

Except for that, there are also some differences in S2API handling, but I'm not
sure if any of those could be relevant:

- issues DTV_CLEAR as the first thing on startup
- explicitly sets rolloff factor (and uses 0.35 if not specified, also for
  DVB-S)
- always sets PILOT_AUTO

http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/szap-s2/file/36c01e6e60cb/szap-s2.c

    With kind regards,