[libdvdcss-devel] Please implement the XDG basedir spec

Apo Poro baka7703 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 19:54:03 CEST 2014

On Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:04 PM, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

On 27.08.2014, at 20:30, Apo Poro <baka7703 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> How about something like this patch? It migrates ~/.dvdcss if it exists to $XDG_DATA_HOME/dvdcss and uses the new location going forward.

> I forgot: I'd also prefer a few && over a 4 deep nested if...

Looks like my last message didn't come through, so resending:

Taking the comments into account, here's an amended patch. This one checks if ~/.dvdcss exists and if so, uses it. If there is no ~/.dvdcss, it goes to $XDG_DATA_HOME/dvdcss or ~/.local/share/dvdcss.

I kept explicit null-termination of psz_buffer to stay consistent with the existing code, but if you don't think it's necessary, can easily get rid of it of course.