[mpris] Where did everyone go?

Mirsal Ennaime mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 16:24:44 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Nick Welch <nick at incise.org> wrote:
> No activity on the wiki or mailing list since early 2008.  Is everyone just
> satisfied with MPRIS 1.0?

Hello,
Actually, the spec maintainers suffer from a huge lack of time to work
on the project, but we do keep our ideas in mind for when it changes.

> I have noticed two things sorely missing from it:
>
> 1. A "clear" method -- doing thousands of DelTrack calls is really wasteful
> and possibly slow when you just want to clear the whole playlist.
>
> 2. A "PlayTrack" method -- go to a certain track and start playing it.

These two were planned for mpris 2.0, along with saner interface names
and some other things.

> Another thing that could be worthwhile that also comes to mind is a MoveTrack
> method, which moves a track to another spot in the track list.

It could be useful indeed, I'll think about this one.

> I know that MPRIS is supposed to be simple and not support every obscure
> feature of every player, but these things seem really essential.

I agree.

Regards.
--
Mirsal Ennaime