[streaming] Re: problem to stream with VLS and Nexus card

Damien LUCAS damien.lucas at videolan.org
Wed Jul 16 11:56:08 CEST 2003

Bessem ELOUAFI wrote:
> 1) Whene I lunch this command: vls -vv -f vls.cfg I have these errors:
>

>   [INFO/dvb1] DVB-S card registred with decoder
>     Using default /root/.dvbrc failed
>     Using default /etc/dvb/dvbrc failed
>     [ERROR/dvb1] Error: unable to find any dvbrc file
>     [ERROR/vls] unable to start input 'dvb1': error: dvb1 unable to
> initialise input: abording.
>

>  2) If I lanch the appli szap (from linuxtv.org) to select a specific
> chanel and after that I lanch the command:  vls -vv -f vls.cfg . So I
> have these errors
>

> [ERROR/dvb1] : no DVB card found
>

> 3) Is what I have done in 2) correct? , if not, how I shall do to stream
> a specific chanel.

To stream a dvb channel, you have to find/write a file describing the
frequencies of the different channels. This file is named dvbrc and
should be placed either in your home (/root/.dvbrc) or in the /etc
directory (/etc/dvb/dvbrc). You can find examples with the linuxtv drivers.

You chould not launch anyother apps to have vls streaming a dvb channel.

regards,

--
nitrox