[streaming] speex or ulaw or alaw over rtp

Edgar edgar.sanders at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 22:11:18 CET 2010

  Hi all, i'm tryin to transcode a wav file to speex or g711 formats and
send them through multicast over rtp protocol. However i get the message
from vlc that only the TS/PS muxers are supported for streaming using
RTP, but I read in videolan.org homepage that alaw/ulaw and speex are
suported for rtp streaming too, the problem is that if I don't specify
the muxer, when I try to recieve the stream I get nothing. When I
transcode to mp2 or mpga and use TS muxer everything works fine. How can
I use the speex or ulaw/alaw over rtp? thanks