[videolan-announce] VLC media player 0.9.6

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun Nov 9 21:33:47 CET 2008

Dear VideoLAN users,

The VideoLAN team is pleased to announce the release of VLC media player
0.9.6, the latest release of the 0.9 series.

This is a bugfix release focused on security.

VLC media player 0.9.5 and earlier versions suffer from a security
vulnerability in CUE and Realtext subtitle demuxer.

We strongly advise all our users on all platforms to upgrade as soon as
possible.

This release reintroduce a Windows build that features also the 0.9.5
improvements, fixing the png transparency support, the media key support
and some Webcams and DirectShow crash.

Source tarballs are available for all platforms and
Windows and MacOS X binaries are available for download on
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ .

We'd like to thank all our contributors, testers and users around the
world for their support and help making this release possible.

For the VideoLAN team,
Jean-Baptiste Kempf

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf