[videolan-announce] VLC media player 0.9.5

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at videolan.org
Sat Oct 25 18:56:37 CEST 2008

Hello,

The VideoLAN team is pleased to announce the release of VLC media player
0.9.5.

This is a bugfix release. VLC media player 0.9.4 and earlier versions
suffer from security vulnerability in TiVo demuxer. More technical
details are available in our advisory [0](CVE-2008-4654, CVE-2008-4686).
Also, libpng was updated in Windows and MacOS builds to fix its security
issue (CVE-2008-3964).

This release also improves media keys support under Windows, file access
under all OSes, QT interface usability as well as fixing few more other
bugs. Full list of changes can be found n the NEWS file [1].

We strongly recommend all users to update to this new version.

Binary packages for Mac OS X and source code tarballs are available for
download from www.videolan.org/vlc. Windows binaries might arrive at a later
time.

We'd like to thank all our contributors, testers and users around the
world for their support and help making this release possible.

[0]:<http://www.videolan.org/security/sa0809.html>
[1]:<http://www.videolan.org/developers/vlc/NEWS>

--
Xtophe for the VideoLAN team