can't expand vlc-0.2.62-BeOS.zip

Shigeru Kobayashi kotobuki at rinc.or.jp
Wed Feb 21 02:52:36 CET 2001

Hi,

>On Wed, Feb 21, 2001, Shigeru Kobayashi wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much for VideLAN, but I have a problem. I just downloaded
>from
>> the following URL, but it seems to be not expandable.
>
>   I uploaded a new archive ; can you confirm it works better ?

I tried right now, and still I can't expand with both Expand-O-Matic and
unzip. Is this the binary which you just uploaded ? And how did you make the
archive ?

$ ls -all vlc*
-rw-r--r--   1
        users      228447 Feb 21 10:47 vlc-0.2.62-BeOS.zip
$ unzip vlc-0.2.62-BeOS.zip
Archive:  vlc-0.2.62-BeOS.zip
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in vlc-0.2.62-BeOS.zip,
        and cannot find vlc-0.2.62-BeOS.zip.zip, period.

I have been using the following steps to make zip archive, and never
experienced problems.

1) click the folder
2) press right mouse button
3) choose AddOns->ZipOMatic