Preparing 0.3.1

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Apr 17 11:29:59 CEST 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 Samuel Hocevar wrote

> I'm out this weekend, and probably won't be able to manage a release
>until monday. That makes almost a week - what about doing two releases
>instead, one tonight and one next week?

Ok, that's fine then.
I won't have any time to spend on vlc this evening, could you commit a fix (configure.in) to deactivate the SSE plugins for win32 before you make the release ?

>> We also had quite a few complaints about the sound quality in 0.3.0.
>> It looks like the audio underruns a lot whereas in 0.2.92 it was fine.
>> This problem has been reported on several platforms, and I know the
>> Win32 port is also severly affected by this. This problem looks like a
>> high priority thing to me, and it would be nice if it could be fixed
>> before 0.3.1. Any taker ?
>
>   Fixing sound quality on all platforms? That would mean a release
>around, er, July? :-)

The fact that this sound problem affects all platforms is a strong indication that the problem lies somewhere in the common code and not in the audio output plugins. I can reproduce this "underrun" problem easily on win32 so I should be able to debug this... when I've got time.

--
Gildas