CVS Commit: vlc

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Thu Feb 21 16:11:47 CET 2002

Sigmund Augdal wrote:
>>   Woops, sorry. Fixed. But isn't there a way to have lirc_nextcode()
>>timeout after a specified delay ? Blocking like this is a pretty
>>annoying behaviour.
>>

> I agree and tried to look into that. lirc_nextcode() has noe timeout
> option. It seems that it uses read() to read from the lirc-socket, and i
> susspect that this is where it sleeps. read() also has noe timeout
> options, but to be honest my knowledge is rapidly runnig out here.
>
> I thougth maybe I could make another interface-plugin do the dirty work,
> but looking at the existing code I found little room for running two
> interface-plugins at once, but didn't somone say that this was planed?
>
> Sigmund

Do a non-blocking read

 From "man open"
	O_NONBLOCK or O_NDELAY
               When  possible,  the file is opened in non-blocking
               mode.

Then you could use a polling method to do your own timeout mechanism
--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199