[vlc-devel] Re: Italian localization

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jan 23 21:46:59 CET 2003

À (At) 20:16 +0100 23/01/2003, Bruno écrivait (wrote) :

>Before the release of 0.5.0 I would like to translate al least the visible
>side of vlc, but I must resolve the problem with gettext.
>
>It keeps telling me 'DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH: Undefined variable.'

Did I forget to answer you on this one ? Sorry, I really thought I
did answer. The solution is simple. The suggested line in the README
is only for the bash shell (which is default on X.2), if you still
use the venerable tcsh, here is what you should type :
$ setenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH "gettext-macosx:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"
$ setenv PATH "gettext-macosx:$PATH"
$ ./convert-po.sh <LANG>.po

If you're still there, tonight I'll probably build 0.5.0-test4, send
me your it.po file and I'll integrate it so that you can look at what
it gives.

--
Christophe Massiot.