[vlc-devel] problem with ephemer subpictures

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Thu Nov 20 13:41:11 CET 2003

There seems to be a problem when several subpictures with b_ephemer set to
true, and the same start_date are inserted into the subpicture heap. It
looks like when this situation arrives, no subpictures will ever be removed
from the subpicture heap, while news subpictures still be displayed,
stacking subpictures on top of each other.

I've read through vout_SortSubpictures() in
src/video_output/vout_subpictures.c several times, but I fail to find what
the problem is. Anyone know this part of the code? and is willing to have a
look? The code in question is quite nice and well commented, so anyone could
give it a shot.

Sigmund