[vlc-devel] Re: vlc-0.7.1-test1 DVD support not stable.

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Tue Feb 17 09:03:01 CET 2004

On Monday 16 February 2004 21:56, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
> Last test is with dvdsimple (logs are in /incoming):

> * Matrix doesn't play at all, just like in the DVDnav case.
>
> This completes my test round for the DVD plugins. I hope the maintainers
> for these plugins have enough information on these logs to figure out
> and improve the DVD plugins.

vlc-dvdsimple-matrix.log is in fact done using dvdplay. Would be interesting
to see if dvdsimple works or if the error messages are the same.

It looks like the problem could be in the IFO parsing because VLC
(libdvdread in fact) is trying to seek to what appears to me as an invalid
block ("libdvdread: Can't seek to block 3783056" ... that value is
strangely high).

Could you also try to recompile VLC with the latest (from CVS) dvdnav to see
if the problem is still there ?

--
Gildas