[vlc-devel] Re: unofficial vlc 0.8.0 rpms for FC2, RH9 and RHEL3

Torsten Spindler spindler at hbt.arch.ethz.ch
Fri Nov 12 16:51:15 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 21:15, Alvin Chin wrote:
> This is what I have for the [caad] line:
>
> [caad]
> name=Red Hat Linux $releasever -$basearch - CAAD Extra RPMS
> baseurl=http://holz.ethz.ch/yum/redhat/caad.hbt.arch.ethz.ch/$releasever/$basearch
>
> I'll try your alternative approach, thanks for your help.

This is very strange. When I do 'rpm -e vlc' and then use yum I get the
following result:

[root at acryl root]# yum install vlc
Server: Red Hat 9 - i386 - CAAD Extra RPMS
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 - i386 - freshrpms
Server: Fedora Legacy utilities for Red Hat Linux 9
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 - i386 - os
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[install: vlc 0.8.0-1.rh9.ts.i386]
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Running test transaction:
Test transaction complete, Success!
vlc 100 % done 1/1
Installed:  vlc 0.8.0-1.rh9.ts.i386
Transaction(s) Complete

Just a wild guess, maybe 'yum update' needs to be run first?

Bye,
Torsten