[vlc-devel] Re: fprintf doesn't work.

Marius Kjeldahl marius at snap.tv
Fri Feb 25 22:02:45 CET 2005

On Friday 25 February 2005 19:01, khoudri al wrote:
> > Anyway you should use vlc messages system: msg_Dbg,
> > msg_Err, msg_Wrn,
>
> Yes, I am trying to use them but I get nothing,
> because they themselves use fprintf.

Wild guess; are you sure you do not make it a "windows GUI" application when
compiling? If you do, no console window will appear when running vlc. I think
it might be as easy as removing "-mwindows" from the Make- or Autoconf files.
At least then there should be a window to send the output to, so it might
just work.

Marius K.