[vlc-devel] glx report

Mathieu Moschietti mathieu.moschietti at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 23:43:38 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am on a PC running Linux Mandriva 2005 Limited Edition (Mandrake 10.2), with
a NVIDIA Graphic accelerator. I have the last NVIDIA driver and glxgears and
glxinfo work.

But when I configure vlc (0.8.3, svn version), I have this error:

checking GL/glx.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: GL/glx.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: GL/glx.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: GL/glx.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: GL/glx.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: GL/glx.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: GL/glx.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the vlc lists.  ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------ ##
checking for GL/glx.h... yes

but the configure ends up...

The make gives this error:

In file included from /usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:336,
                 from glx.c:51:
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glxext.h:267: error: redefinition of typedef
'GLXFBConfigSGIX'
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glx.h:156: error: previous declaration of
'GLXFBConfigSGIX' was here
make[6]: *** [libglx_plugin_a-glx.o] Erreur 1

So I report to the list;)

If you need more details, don't hesitate.
Thanks for your help and your advises,

++
Mat