[vlc-devel] Re: [reject] Patch for network/rootwrap.c

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Mon Aug 28 20:25:04 CEST 2006

Le lundi 28 août 2006 17:29, Michael Benjamin a écrit :
> On 8/28/06, Daniel Stränger <vlc at schmaller.de> wrote:This has been
> discussed some months ago
>   -> http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml
>
> > /vlc-devel/2006-02/msg00278.html
> > and I've recently submitted the same patch
> >   -> http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/vlc-devel/2006-08/msg00169.html
>
> Thanks for the heads up, Daniel. The only thing is that I think we
> both made a mistake:
>
> #if defined(AF_INET6) && defined(IPV6_ONLY)
>
> should be
>
> #if defined(AF_INET6) && defined(IPV6_V6ONLY)
>
> And good point about src/network/rootwrap.c having the only absence
> of ifdef (as you wrote, they are present in src/network/io.c and
> modules/misc/network/ipv6.c). For consitency should rootwrap.c
> include an ifdef or io.c / ipv6.c remove the ifdefs? Rémi, what do
> you think?

Removing the ifdef would break compilation on operating systems that
don't support IPv6 at all (in which case it is perfectly fine not to
have IPV6_V6ONLY).

I wouldn't mind trolling with (Open|Net)BSD people about the pros and
cons of IPV6_V6ONLY, but as far as Linux is concerned if IPV6_V6ONLY is
not defined, then the C library headers really *needs* to be updated or
fixed. The new code should compile and retain proper IPv4 support.

By the way, I don't see the problem with <io.c>.

http://www.remlab.net/