[vlc-devel] VLC and gettext and Cygwin part 2

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 8 03:39:43 CET 2006

I reverted my Cygwin gettext back to 0.14.1
If I use the bootstrap/configure that is supposed to use the extras/contrib
packages, I guess it is indeed going to that, and bombing out on the
gettext-related stuff.

When I switched to my older copy of the trunk, where I had not built
extras/contrib, and used the "old fashioned" bootstrap/configure, directing
the build to use the usr/win32 directories, things work.

Following is a short extract from the configure, using the older gettext
14.1 under Cygwin.  The part that does not occur under Cygwin, when using
the 14.5 version of gettext, including when using the VLC extras/contrib
version 14.5 (best I can tell), is the "Creating directory intl" part --
what you see on the bash shell is the "Copying file ABOUT-NLS", but none of
the Creating/copying lines.

+ rm -Rf autotools
+ mkdir autotools
+ rm -f ltmain.sh libtool ltconfig
+ rm -f ABOUT-NLS
+ rm -Rf intl
+ rm -f m4/oldgettext.m4 stamp-pic configure.ac.in Modules.am
+ rm -f stamp-builtin stamp-h1 mozilla/stamp-pic
+ rm -f vlc-config.in
+ printf ''
+ '[' yes '!=' yes ']'
+ autopoint -f
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--length error
tar: Read 479 bytes from -
Copying file ABOUT-NLS
Creating directory intl               THIS PART DOESN'T HAPPEN IF YOU HAVE
gettext 14.5 ON CYGWIN
Copying file intl/ChangeLog
Copying file intl/Makefile.in
Copying file intl/VERSION