[vlc-devel] Re: Cannot Disable X11

Yiannis Yiakoumis gyiakoumis at hotmail.com
Sat May 20 20:25:47 CEST 2006

Well, I faced this problem using the option --disable-screen. I saw that it
was asking for X11 while linking libscreen.a in ./modules/access.....
At first, when I compiled it, it was asking for X11 libs. Then, in LDFLAGS I
set the X11 libs path and I had this undefined reference with __ctype.
Now, with disable-screen option, vlc compiled ok, but I tried to play a
video, and I get a really bad screen quality. Actually, it seems like screen
is separated into three columns which are kind of overlapped. Is this a
known bug??Do you believe that it has to do with ffmpeg or qt/e or something
else?
Regards,
Yiannis