[vlc-devel] Re: rotate de image in a video on a Zaurus

Juan Antonio Martinez Navarro juanantonio at dif.um.es
Tue May 23 10:51:57 CEST 2006

El mar, 23-05-2006 a las 10:36 +0200, Jean-Paul Saman escribió:
> Juan Antonio Martinez Navarro wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to rotate the image when in a video, but I don't know how to do
> > it. Could you help me?
> > Is there any code to do it?
> >
> > Thanks
> Screen orientation is the domain of the window manager. So VLC takes
> uses the same orientation as the window manager.
The problem I have is that the device I'm working with is a Zaurus
SL-C3100 and you can change the orientation of the screen. But when I
open the device, as if was a laptop  I have this shape.

+-------------------------------+
|                               |
|                               |
|                               |
|                               |
|                               |
|                               |
|                               |
|                               |
+-------------------------------+
with a display dimension of 480 x 600.

But when I play a video with VLC it tries to open in this way
+--------------------+
|                    |
|                    |
|                    |
|                    |
|                    |
|                    |
|                    |
|                    |
|                    |
|                    |
So I can't see the video in the right way because it exchanges the
values of the width and height playing the video thinking that the
orientation of the shape is the second one.

Any advise? :-)
Thanks

--
Juan Antonio Martínez Navarro <juanantonio at dif.um.es>
Departamento de Ingeniería de la Información y las Comunicaciones