[vlc-devel] Re: TS mux generates stream which doesn't play smoothly on Amino 103 STBs

Marian Durkovic md at bts.sk
Wed May 31 17:44:30 CEST 2006

Hi all,

  I did some testing on the broadcast TS streams, and it seems the
FixPES() is trying to normalize sizes ranging between 10 and 700 bytes
into exactly 170-byte chunks.

  Before I get into further debugging in order to verify accuracy of
interpolated PTSs and/or testing wheter the BlockNew and BlockRealloc
operations don't cause processing delays for audio ES and thus
desynchronization with video ES, could someone please comment if it
won't be easier to simply ommit FixPES and use audio ES as it was
packetized by broadcast-quality TS mux at TV studio?
Or if needed for some specific low-bitrate audio streams (as the changeset
10591 implies) shouldn't this be optional feature only?

	Thanks & kind regards,

		M.

----   Marian Durkovic                       network  manager         ----
----   Slovak Technical University           Tel: +421 2 524 51 301   ----