[vlc-devel] How can I get the right version of ffmpeg for vlc 0.8.6c?

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Sat Jul 21 15:44:43 CEST 2007

ying lcs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I get the right version of ffmpeg for vlc 0.8.6c?
>
> I think I can check out ffmpeg from the trunk. But I would like to
> know how can I get ffmpeg version (tag or branch) that vlc 0.8.6c is
> developed/tested against?

Goto the extras/contrib directory in your vlc source tree and run:

$> ./bootstrap
$> make

then go back to the top of vlc sourcedir

$> ./bootstrap
$> ./configure with lots of options for your case
$> make

and you are done. In the meantime have coffee, a light lunch and come
back to inspect the results ;-)

Gtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.