[vlc-devel] WindowOnTop in xcommon.c

saad shams saad.shams at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 15:20:47 CEST 2008

Hello,

a couple of questions.

regarding this function:
static int WindowOnTop( vout_thread_t *, bool ); /// @
/modules/video_output/x11/xcommon.c

I need to know that is this function working with the stable release or even
with nightlies under X windows system. I want my browser-window that has
embedded vlc plugin to appear on top of my fullscreen video window. Can I
use this function to achieve that or I may use some other function?

How and where to set VOUT_SET_STAY_ON_TOP flag ?
Actually I need
this<http://gentoo-wiki.com/images/3/37/Enlightenment-trans.png>kind
of functionality with my vlc/browser BUT manually (via code)

Specs:
build 0.9.0test3 Grishenko
Compiler: ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7
ubuntu 8.0.4 (vmware image)

ONE more problem:
sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't: the video window pops up
separately instead of being played in the media players portion like in the
screenshot here <http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7039/screenshotcv3.gif>

Help appreciated.
Thanks