[vlc-devel] [vlc] Transcode & down-mixing

Kevin DuBois kdub432 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 15:22:34 CEST 2008

The audio filters chain is indeed messed up in 0.9.0    Namely, it makes a
half-assed attempt to put a filter in there without really considering
things like what PCM audio type the filter/encoder needs. It seems to do
alright when setting up a decoder->encoder chain, but a
decoder->filter->encoder chain breaks if the filter can't handle the format
the decoder spits out. I'm kinda fooling around with fixes in the
vlc-filters.git 'branch', although they're only half done too. :-/

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Eric Petit <eric.petit at lapsus.org> wrote:

> >> So, should I assume that this is not supposed to work? and remove
> >> the mono
> >> audio filters...
> >>
> >> or what?
> >
> > Now that is what I call complete absolute total lack of reactivity.
> > Time out.
> > I am disabling all channel mixers.
>
> Is --sout-transcode-channels really that hard to find? Or I don't
> understand what you're looking for...
>
> --
> Eric

Kevin DuBois
kdub432 at gmail.com
PGP Key fingerprint = 80CF 7C1D 0A1C BE03 2203 95B6 1515 C3DC B6BE 7E88