[vlc-devel] Python bindings (vlcinternal build problem?)

Etienne Robillard etienne.robillard at extenway.com
Fri Jan 18 17:01:29 CET 2008

On 18 January 2008 10:46:05 Olivier Aubert wrote:
> Hi Etienne
>
> > The only thing I really have to do is modifiy the
> > include/vlc/mediacontrol_structures.h file, in order to change uint32_t
> > to u_int32_t. It seems that gcc would complain about some syntax errors
> > with uint32_t but it would compile ok with u_int32_t. Notice that this
> > only seems to affect the vlc extension and not the vlcinternal module!
>
> OK. In your first post, your patch replaced int32_t (no leading u) by
> u_int32_t, so  I figured you were not using a clean svn version. I have
> now updated the svn version with your patch.
>
> Olivier

Yeah sorry about that. I've made the first patch rather quick. Both modules
can be compiled fine with your changeset but I got the following ImportError:

# python
Python 2.4.1 (#2, Aug 25 2005, 18:20:57)
[GCC 4.0.1 (4.0.1-2mdk for Mandriva Linux release 2006.0)] on linux2
>>> import vlc
>>> import vlcinternal
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/vlcinternal.so: undefined
symbol: vlc_current_object

Perhaps the definition of the vlc_current_object function is missing from
src/libvlc.h ?

Regards,
Etienne