[vlc-devel] Build issues on Ubuntu 8.04

Gregor Fuis gujs.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 13:22:48 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 12:32 AM, Laurent Aimar <fenrir at via.ecp.fr> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008, Jean-Philippe ANDRÉ wrote:
> don't
> > >
> > > My best guess is that Ubuntu´s ffmeg is too old. Or to put it another
> way, VLC
> > > lacks proper version #ifdef.
> >
> > I have the same issue here, using Archlinux.
> > It would be great to add a simple #ifdef, I think.
>  I have commited a fix for (very) old ffmpeg version, so it should compil.
>
> --
> fenrir

Hi,

I have the same issue. It looks like vlc doesn't accept --with-ffmpeg-tree
option any more. If I look at ../configure --help there is no
--with-ffmpeg-tree
option. So when I try to configure latest git on Ubuntu 8.04, configuration
always uses ffmpeg installed on a system and not from specified location.

Gregor