[vlc-devel] Configuring new sources fail with ffmpeg error

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Tue May 27 22:48:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to build the latest sources for 0.9.0 under win32. I
already had built the May, 15 sources, so I didn't do the bootstrap
step from the wiki. I copied the sources from
vlc-snapshot-20080527.tar.bz2 to my c:\cygwin\VLC directory and ran my
edited as per the wiki configure-vlc.sh file. I get this error:

checking for img_resample in -lavcodec... no
configure: error: Your FFmpeg library doesn't have the needed img_resample()
function. You should rebuild it with software scaler disabled, or install the
swscale headers.

What am I doing wrong? I was able to configure and build the May, 15
sources without a problem. But can't do it with the latest sources.

My contribute package is:
contrib-20080308-win32-bin-gcc-4.2.1-sjlj-runtime-3.13-only.tar.bz2

Thanks,

Jacques Boileau