[vlc-devel] Help offer: Adding a filter access API to libvlc

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Fri May 30 21:04:50 CEST 2008

On May 30, 2008, at 5:50 PM, jboileau wrote:

> Of course my intentions are to develop something that can
> be integrated in libvlc for everyone's benefit. But first a few
> questions:
>
> 1. Is this mailing the right place to offer ones help?

Yes

> 2. Is an extension to the libvlc API to access filters a desired
> addition?

Yes. I think. We currently can add an option to add a specific video
filter to a media, but we cannot directly do than on a media_player.
That means that we can't change the video filter on the fly. Though,
we'll have to find a way to keep it simple/clear enough.

> 3. If yes, is it ok that this be done by myself?

Yes. It would be more than welcomed.

Pierre.