[vlc-devel] TS : problem with too large pictures

Sébastien Escudier sebastien-devel at celeos.eu
Thu Nov 6 18:17:11 CET 2008

Hi

I am trying to find out why my pictures are cut when they are larger than 65500
byte. (cf PES_PAYLOAD_SIZE_MAX)
I know EStoPES function cut the picture in blocks, and I found that when the
picture is  TS demuxed, the second part (after 65500 byte) doesn't have dts/pts
so it is dropped.

I spent a lot of time on this, and for now I am stuck, so I would appreciate a
little help if someone knows about that.

Thanks

Additional informations : I noticed this while trying to read a stream from a
http/MJPEG camera, and send this stream with TS muxing.
I am also able to reproduce this :
Re-encode a movie with a big resolution (2000x2000 pixels) in MJPEG.
Mux it in TS like that : ./vlc bigpicture_movie.mjpeg --sout
'#std{mux=ts,access=file,dst=bigpicture.mpjeg.ts}'

And read this ts file : each frame will be cropped.