[vlc-devel] Will libass be enabled for the 0.9.1 release?

Starks llivinglarge at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 06:15:16 CEST 2008

I'm getting concerned because most of (but not all) the recent nightlies
are still lacking libass support yet improved subtitle rendering has
been repeatedly touted as one of the most promising changes to make the
cut for 0.9.0/0.9.1.

I know I've brought this issue up multiple times in the past, but I feel
it would be negligent, when considering how long it has been since a
major VLC release, to not make libass-enabled builds readily available
to curious beta hunters and skeptical fansubbers before 0.9.1 goes gold.

- Starks