[vlc-devel] Adding all streams at start when transcoding

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 4 22:02:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm hitting a problem here:

- I have added a subtitles encoder
- I transcode a file with subtitles to Ogg
- When transcoding, my encoder gets open partway through, when the
first subtitle happens
- This causes the Ogg muxer to chain another stream

This is suboptimal, as I'd rather my encoder to be opened when the transcoding
starts, so as to avoid the chained stream, as chained stream support
is very poor
in a variety of software.

I've looked at the code, but I must say I'm lost. Any idea/pointers on:
- whether it's what VLC should be doing
- if it is, how to change it to open each output stream at start

Thanks