[vlc-devel] Possible new features

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 14:20:10 CEST 2009

Hello, I am not a list member so if you need me please email me at
magick.crow@@gmail.com

I miss from Kaffein being able to click back a few frames in a movie.
For example we are watching a movie and the kids start yelling for 30
seconds and then you need to back up a bit. With Kaffien you can do
this at intervals of a few seconds. You can't do it with VLC, as best
as I can tell. The best you can do is type in a type, a real pain, or
else click on the time bar and hope. Because we are doing this with
our mouse from across the room, it is best if it is big and easy to
see and do like the pause button is. In kaffien you can also do it
with the arrow keys and this is sometimes handy.

The other thing that no one seems to have, has to do with watching
part of a film or listing to an audio book. Very often with kids we
get interrupted or else with the book, the mp3 file is 2 hours long.
Getting back to where you were is a pain unless you can manage to
remember the time that you stopped at. What would be wonderful is
being able to bookmark these places and having the bookmark have a
note section so that I could write what was going on at that place.
Multiple bookmarks for one file would be best. With a pull down menu
of places for each file that you can see well from across the room.

I am a bit of a newbie with this software and am running 9.9a on 64
bit Kubuntu 8.04. I hope that I did not somehow miss a feature. If so
then I would guess that the interface or the manual needs some work.

Great work team!!! This player was a bit lame at .8 but I feel that it
is VERY close to being the best out there now!

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?