[vlc-devel] Last call for release 1.0.4

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Dec 8 23:11:58 CET 2009

Le mardi 8 décembre 2009 09:01:40 Marian Ďurkovič, vous avez écrit :
> On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 13:07:02 +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > This is the last call for bugfixes going to VLC media player release
> > 1.0.4 operated by the VideoLAN project. Please report to vlc-devel
> > immediately. Your integration gate is closing.
>
> At the very least, we should do something to avoid interop issues and user
> confusion due to changed default RTP port number. Instead of having 5004
> hardcoded at multiple places, there could e.g. be a config option allowing
> users to continue using 1234 at all relevant places (Open Network,
>  Streaming Wizard, CLI).

The only change that I recall from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 is the default port in the
Qt4 Streaming Wizard. I daresay that it is a self-documenting change (I assume
the user knows arabic numbering). You can't create an RTP target without
seeing the port number.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis