[vlc-devel] commit: Qt4: back-end for dialog_Progress ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Tue Mar 10 16:56:37 CET 2009

Le mardi 10 mars 2009 11:59:04 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :
> > > Sorry, but the parenthesis placement is consistent with the one that is
> > > described in the Code Conventions.
> >
> > Sorry, but your parenthesis placement is not consistent with the ones
> > that are used in the rest of the world. And it is ugly.
>
> My parenthesis placement follow the official one. Ugly or not.

It may be official as in set by students over 10 years ago, none of which are
still part of the project to any meaningful extent. I seriously wonder if it
wasn't defined like this as a joke just to be different from everything else.
This might be very fun for a student project(?), but it is silly for a
world-class open-source one. That Amarok is the only example outside VideoLAN
that you can find only underlines my point, I think.

If it is so painful to you, then you should understand how annoying it is for
those who do work on other projects at work and at home with not so weird
conventions.

Have fun uglifying the code. I am not going to sympathize when it makes
cherry-picking and merging impossible.