[vlc-devel] Proposal + patch (for MacOSX) to give the User back control over the playback window size

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Fri May 22 19:58:23 CEST 2009

Hello Philipp,

your patch was not accepted for the following reasons:
- it doesn't respect our coding style nor (more importantly) Cocoa's
naming scheme
- it involves objects which shouldn't deal with the matter (meaning
that you're doing it unnecessarily complicated)
- this way, VLC would forget your setting every time a new vout is
created. This can happen everytime an item gets started.
- the menu item isn't named in proper American English

Additionally, your patch wasn't submitted in the way we require them.

Still, your idea was good and I wrote a clean implementation myself.
It is committed now (see 2d63b67e97034199cbf8979bf714d3c8536af240), so
this fix will be included in both VLC 1.0 and in a potential 0.9.x
bugfix release.

Please don't see this as an offence and keep contributing patches to
VLC.

Best regards,

Felix