[vlc-devel] commit: correct realloc() usage, on failure realloc will return NULL ( Jean-Paul Saman )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon May 25 08:15:18 CEST 2009

On Mon, 25 May 2009 00:36:28 +0200 (CEST), git at videolan.org (git version
control) wrote:
> vlc | branch: 1.0-bugfix | Jean-Paul Saman <jpsaman at videolan.org> | Sun
May
> 24 19:46:56 2009 +0200| [ec5d86115480e2ba0f3b36b11c19570cbc75aa51] |
> committer: Jean-Paul Saman
>
> correct realloc() usage, on failure realloc will return NULL

How many times do I need to tell you to stop committing non-sense. How the
bloody hell does it help to check realloc() errors when you don't handle
them properly anyway. This makes no sense at all, and makes it even more
difficult to fix the bugs later (because they're hidden).

But who listen to me anyway? It is so much more convenient to not review
commits and ignore the comments of those who do.