[vlc-devel] [Patch] Adding audio support to fake acces_demux

Ludovic Fauvet etix at l0cal.com
Thu Oct 1 17:40:55 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen
<beauze.h at gmail.com> wrote:
> So in the end, the only solution we got is to create a new
> access_demux that will handle both video and audio callbacks and
> parameters, write the result inside a newly created block_t, and using
> the fake codec, just to have a dummy codec ?

Instead of doing it all over again, why can't we polish the current
patch and merge it until we develop something better ? To be clear,
the provided patch is clean and replacing the current code by the
access-demux way will take weeks of work before being completely
usable.
Besides that, it freezes the VLMC development and prevents us to
release a developer's preview. As you can easily imagine, a video
editing software without sound is pointless.

Regards

--
Ludovic Fauvet