[vlc-devel] Kubuntu... *K*one ?

Yuval Levy vlc07 at sfina.com
Wed Jul 21 22:04:32 CEST 2010

On July 21, 2010 12:59:26 pm Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Make it as seamless and obvious as possible
> how to install a reasonably codec-rich player from the
> repositories.

You're the expert, they should listen to your advice.

> Lets face it, a new Linux user or a Windows convert is most likely to try
> to play content that is not Xiph nor WebM. You don't want the first
> impression to be that it does not work. I am afraid that hurts Ubuntu, the
> selected player, and OSS/Linux at large.

You're 100% right, I'm afraid.

> Anyway, I have a feeling Kubuntu-devel folks aren't reading this ML.

This is why as a Kubuntu and VLC user I ask for help here.  VLC is currently
on the margin of their radar screen.  If it will become more central they will
likely join and listen to your wisdom, to the benefit of VLC, Kubuntu,
OSS/Linux at large.

Yuv