[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Qt: save volume on exit ( Francois Cartegnie )

xxcv xxcv07 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 14:54:39 CEST 2010

On 30/07/2010 10:10 PM, Francois Cartegnie wrote:
> Le vendredi 30 juillet 2010, vous avez écrit :
>>
>> It should be obvious to anyone writing VLC code that you can't change
>>   random data shared by multiple threads.
>
> I picked config_SaveConfigFile because it is the code associated to the "Save"
> button. I don't why the user choice would provide better thread safe guarantee
> doing a config_SaveConfigFile though the prefs window at time T, and saving
> the same variables at time T+1. If it's prefs variables, it should still be
> untouched.
> The only pointed-out problem was that I saving prefs that were not intended to
> be saved, and without user's consent.
Remi is right.
You are not supposed to save it in the Qt module which is core's work.
Therefore I think if you want to save the volume for any reason should
you save it in the settings object instead.
While perhaps the core would like to implement a feature for just save
the audio volume maybe a little bit unnecessary.