[vlc-devel] [VLC] #3793: Modplug module doesn't work at all.

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Jun 25 18:12:42 CEST 2010

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:10:10 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>
wrote:
>> FWIW, it does work here with libmodplug 0.8.8.1 and vlc git-master.
>> Maybe some older version has problems?
>
> Hmmm. Maybe 0.8.8.0 was a bad release then. I'll try to update contribs
> with 0.8.8.1.

Ubuntu 0.8.7 works fine.

Note that MOD file detection is unreliable. Laurent seems to have put quite
some time into it, but ultimately the file format is simply broken (it has
no magic number). S3M and IT files should work much more reliably.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis