[vlc-devel] UPnP DLNA support in VLC or a GSoC pre-proposal

Piotr Gaczkowski doomhammerng at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 12:53:32 CEST 2010

Hello!

My name is Piotr Gaczkowski, a student from Poland, and I am
interested in participating in this year's Google Summer of Code.

I use VLC on a daily basis as my favourite Media Player. I also like
the idea of UPnP AV/DLNA as an infrastructure to deliver multimedia
content to various household appliances.

Though I see obvious deficiencies in UPnP AV I like the multi-tier
approach to multimedia experience.

I would like to implement DLNA support in VLC, focusing especially on
cooperation with devices like XBox 360, PS3 or Linn DS players.

Before writing a proposal I would like to consult several things with
mentors, so I seek some contact here.

Hope my ideas would be accepted.

--
Piotr Gaczkowski