[vlc-devel] UPnP module on Windows has been broken

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Dec 1 20:15:35 CET 2011

Le jeudi 1 décembre 2011 20:02:30 Naohiro KORIYAMA, vous avez écrit :
> UPnP module on Windows build has been broken from
> vlc-1.2.0-git-20111104-0003-win32.
>
> I built some version around this commit and found out.
> 5ceabdd8d3fa1c4641bb6d35a0f40d4cf4e5b650
> Rewrite inet_pton() and inet_ntop() into compat
> This issue happened after this commit.

I guess libupnp.a is not linked properly in VLC contribs. It probably ends up
linking against VLC libcompat instead of its own inet_pton/inet_ntop
replacements. That is potentially a problem with any static library that
provides functions with the exact same name as VLC does.

That being said, unless the VLC replacement functions are buggy, use a
different calling convention or a different prototype, it should still work by
pure luck.

> On Mac build, tihs issue does not happen.

I would expect MacOS to provide those functions from libc.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis