[vlc-devel] VLC, better AMR support, support in browsers

Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai kami911 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 14:24:46 CET 2011

Hi,

> Hello,
> On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 01:58:19AM +0100, Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai wrote :
>> * seeking in AMR file is not possible,
>> *<http://bit.ly/kDocB> VLC unable to display total time of AMR files,
>> * No plugin to play AMR files in Internet Exporer and Firefox. (Or is it
>> possible in another way?)
> Are you speaking of .amr or .3gp or .3gpp files?
>
> * depeding on the above answer, seeking needs to be fixed in VLC or lavf
> * Same answer.
> * Easy to fix in VLC webplugin.
>
> Best Regards,

So I have pure amr files which contain only audio.

ffmpeg said:
Input #0, amr, from 'warning_voice_1.amr':
  Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0.0: Audio: amrnb, 8000 Hz, 1 channels, flt

I was able to set offset with -ss <a>, and it cut <a> seconds from the
begining of the audio clip. So maybe it is something to enhance in VLC,
as someone adviced on ffmpeg maillist.

So what is the next step?

KAMI