[vlc-devel] Keyboard shortcut bug?

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Sun Jan 9 15:55:42 CET 2011

Juha Jeronen <juha.jeronen at jyu.fi> wrote:

> Just a quick bug report - opening an item from the most recently used
> items list using the keyboard (Alt+M, R, Enter) makes the "direct"
> keyboard shortcuts (such as Alt+arrow for seeking, F for fullscreen,
> etc.) to stop working. Instead, sometimes F opens the "Save playlist"
> dialog, and sometimes it does nothing at all.
>
> If memory serves, this started happening after I updated my copy of VLC
> 1.2-git on January 5th. It didn't happen in the version from
> mid-December that I used to have. I'm running on Debian Squeeze.
>
> Anyone else seen the problem? Has this been reported already?

I can't reproduce this with vlc 1.1.5 on FreeBSD with e16 as window
manager. I occasionally lose the shortcuts in other situations, though.

Usually they work at the beginning, but stop working after toggling
full screen on/off and switching desktops a few times. I haven't been
able to intentionally reproduce it yet.

Also I never had F do something other than either working
as expected or doing nothing.

Usually I get the shortcuts back after toggling full screen
mode on/off (by double clicking the video panel).
Does that work for you, too?

Trying to reproduce the problem by following your description
I noticed that none of of the "Recent Media" had actually
recently been used. Apparently the list only gets updated
when opening media through the GUI, while I usually use the
command line. Is this expected?

Fabian