[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Qt: menu: 'quit after playback' is playlist related

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Fri Mar 25 13:02:50 CET 2011

Le vendredi 25 mars 2011, Francois Cartegnie a écrit :
> Le jeudi 24 mars 2011, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> > And?
> > The first menu is not more playlist related, that the next one. I would
> > even say less, since next/play/pause are playlist related and are in the
> > second one.

Forgot to reply about the main point.
"Quit after playback" gives no information to the user, and could be
understood(*) as "quit after the current item", while it is a playlist related
option. It could not be labeled as is then.
You have a 'mixed context' menu, and that option can be seen related to the
'quit' action. That's why i moved it as an optional condition to the quit
action, while setting it to an expressful name.
Moving it to the preferences is also an alternative, but it seems you want it
to be togglable anytime. That's not an easy problem then.

(*) As explained before, on that same menu, the play/stop/next/prev entries
have meaning for both playlist and item: "play stop" applies to current item
only and "next prev" toggles a playlist action. "Jump to specific time" being
also related to current item.

Francois