[vlc-devel] Binaural virtual acoustics via headphones

Juha Jeronen juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Mon May 16 14:17:07 CEST 2011

On 05/15/11 12:20, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 10:08:40AM +0200, Piotr Majdak wrote :
>>> http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob;f=modules/audio_filter/channel_mixer/headphone.c;hb=HEAD
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer. It seems like there is just a delay-and-gain
>> implemented. I think that this a good point to start.
>
> Good point for start, but maybe, copy it to another file if you want to
> moodify heavily.

...and if you do, update Modules.am to find your new module. You'll also
probably need to re-bootstrap before the compile will find it.

There's a Module Writer's Guide that may help in these matters:

http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Hacker%27s_Guide/Module_Writers_Guide

(It's linked from the main page of the Hacker's Guide, so theoretically
this information is redundant...)

  -J