[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Audio: Core Audio: Initialize starting volume for analog devices.

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Mar 8 08:57:37 CET 2012

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 17:24:53 -0600, Jon Stacey <jon at jonsview.com> wrote:
> Now we come to the crux of the problem. It appears that the opposite
> behavior is in play here. The audio plugin is telling VLC what the
volume
> is. This is not well documented,

This is very well documented. You're making assumptions and they're wrong.
That's your problem.

The documentation has everything there is to the VLC core volume handling.

> and there is a missing piece of the puzzle
> which I have been unable to find: what is telling pulseaudio what the
> initial starting volume is?

We don't document the internals of PulseAudio, CoreAudio or whatever in
VLC, obviously. Please refer to PulseAudio if you really care; I don't even
know the exact details because I don't (need to) care.

Sent from my collocated server