[vlc-devel] Patch AudioQueue aout and OpenGL vout for iOS compatibility

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 21 21:49:43 CET 2012

On 21.03.2012, at 20:22, Ilkka Ollakka wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 07:54:56PM +0100, Felix Paul Kühne wrote:
>
>>     vgl->chroma = vlc_fourcc_GetChromaDescription(vgl->fmt.i_chroma);
>> +#ifndef USE_OPENGL_ES
>>     vgl->use_multitexture = vgl->chroma->plane_count > 1;
>> +#endif
>
> Don't think multitexture is used in USE_OPENGL_ES anyway
>
>> +#ifndef USE_OPENGL_ES
>>         if (vgl->program)
>>             vgl->DeleteProgramsARB(1, &vgl->program);
>> +#endif
>
> I think vgl->program should be NULL in USE_OPENGL_ES too..

Long story short: we had to add the ifdefs because the ARB functionality isn't present in OpenGL ES and therefore compilation would fail.

Considering the vast number of ifdef OPENGL_ES, Rémi might be right to add a separate module for this variant. However, my OpenGL knowledge is too low level to decide this.

Best regards,

Felix