[vlc-devel] VLC iOS Dev

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 17:26:21 CEST 2013

Hello Konrad,

On 12.08.2013, at 17:08, Konrad <mail at chernowii.com> wrote:
> I am Konrad Iturbe (http://chernowii.com) I am developer (not as a professional level) of ChernowiiApp, the unofficial gopro app.
Nice to meet you.

> As a developer, I use VLC for embedding gopro streaming media (.m3u8) into a computer app.
Cool!

> I detected that VLC iOS cant open .m3u8 livestream urls, please fix it.
Yes, we have a ticket about on our tracker [1]. Since this isn't of high priority to me due to real life time limitations, I can't and won't promise a release date for a potential fix.

VLC is fully open-source. You can find everything you need by cloning and building ios.git available from http://git.videolan.org.

> I want to use VLC iOS for:
> embedding .m3u8 livestream url into a webapp
> HTML CODE of open .MP4 url files with VLC iOS.
Just use vlc://www.myserver.com/mymediafiles/mycoolvideo.mp4 - this requires VLC for iOS 2.0.2 or later (aka the version currently available on the App Store).

Cheers,

Felix